CBD is a growing trend in South Africa, although it’s still new. With its growing popularity and reported health benefits, CBD is something that is becoming more sought after.
There are many ways to consume CBD, such as smoking it in a vape, eating CBD gummies, and as capsules. But one of the most relaxing ways to take it is actually CBD tea.
Drinking CBD tea is a great, healthy way to consume CBD, especially for beginners. Here’s what you need to know about CBD in South Africa.
What is CBD Tea?
Tea has been a favorite warm beverage for centuries. It has also been part of the health and wellness industry for a long time, with teas being used as alternative medicine across the world.
CBD tea is no exception to age-old ways. In fact, cannabis and tea, made from the plant, are believed to have been used in folk medicine for centuries.
Cannabis tea is infused with the cannabidiol (CBD oil), a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. CBD tea is made by adding CBD oil or isolate CBD to the tea leaves or brewing the tea with water infused with CBD.
CBD tea comes in various flavors and blends, such as green, black, and herbal tea. It is a popular way to consume CBD because it is tasty, easy to make, and provides a discreet way to consume CBD.
Side Note: CBD Tea vs. Hemp Tea
When shopping around for CBD tea, know the difference between CBD tea and hemp tea.
But first, let’s cover the difference between the hemp plant and the marijuana plant.
Both plants are the same species. The difference is in how much of a particular cannabinoid each contains. Legally speaking, the difference comes from the level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content.
Hemp is cannabis that contains 0.3% or less THC content by dry weight. On the flip side, marijuana refers to cannabis that has more than 0.3% THC content by dry weight.
Read more on the differences between marijuana and hemp.
Regarding teas, hemp tea is made from the actual flower and goes through no chemical extraction process. On the other hand, CBD oil is often made with chemically extracted CBD. This isolate can then be sprayed on regular tea leaves to create the infused CBD tea.
Hemp tea can be made from the plant’s stem, leaves, and buds. CBD is made by extracting CBD oil from the leaves or flowers. `
You can also add CBD oil to hemp tea to make a CBD-infused tea. Some of hemp tea’s benefits include being caffeine-free and rich in antioxidants.
CBD Tea Benefits
CBD tea is a popular way to consume cannabidiol. Here are some cannabis tea benefits:
- Reduces Anxiety: CBD has been shown to have anxiolytic effects, which can help reduce stress and anxiety. Tea also contains L-theanine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation and reduces stress.
- Relieves Pain and Inflammation: CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce pain and inflammation in the body. Tea is also rich in antioxidants, protecting the body against oxidative stress and damage.
- Improves Sleep: CBD and tea both have calming and soothing effects that can promote better sleep. CBD has also been shown to help regulate sleep cycles and enhance sleep quality.
- Supports Digestive Health: CBD can help to regulate the digestive system and relieve symptoms of digestive issues such as bloating, cramping, and nausea. Tea also contains compounds that promote healthy digestion.
- Boosts Immune System: CBD and tea have antioxidant properties that can help boost the immune system and protect against infections and diseases.
In addition to these benefits, CBD tea is also a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the potential health benefits of CBD. It can be easily incorporated into a daily wellness routine and enjoyed anytime as a calming and relaxing beverage.
How To Make Cannabis Tea
You can also create your cannabidiol infusion. To make your own CBD tea:
- Start by boiling water and adding your tea bag or loose tea leaves to a cup.
- Pour in the boiling water. Then, stir well after adding a few drops of CBD oil or a small amount of CBD isolate powder in hot water.
- Allow the tea to steep for a few minutes to allow the flavors and CBD to infuse into the water.
- Finally, remove the tea bag or strain the loose tea leaves, and add any additional ingredients, such as honey or lemon, if desired.
If you do this method, make sure to add some form of plant or regular milk because CBD is not water-soluble and needs fats to help it enter the body.
Cannabis Tea South Africa
CBD tea is gaining popularity in South Africa. While the use of weed is legal in South Africa, there are still regulations to ensure that products are safe and high-quality.
South African CBD tea brands often use locally-sourced ingredients. As with any CBD product, it is essential to research and choose a reputable brand to ensure you get a safe and effective product.
Where To Buy CBD Tea in South Africa
Today, there are many CBD teas available on the market. Some CBD teas are made by spraying a CBD concentrated isolate on the tea leaves to create CBD-infused tea.
In South Africa, you can buy your CDB tea from Dischem and other retail stores. You can conveniently buy the tea as loose-leaf tea and in a tea bag.
Cannabis tea can be found at specialty stores and online retailers throughout the country.
Search our cannabis and CBD dispensary for shops in South Africa.
Final Thoughts | CBD Tea
In summary, CBD tea is a great way to enjoy the benefits of CBD and tea all at once. Whether you want to reduce stress and anxiety or promote overall health and wellness, CBD tea may be a great choice.